Well, that has been the story of the year so far for most of us. Since February this year, we have been experiencing updates almost on a weekly basis. Lots of things have changed apparently according to “seo gurus”and they claim how this type of backlink is obsolete, how autoblogging is dead, etc.
Is some types of links are obsolete, then why are they working for someone else? If autoblogging is dead, then why is an autoblog number 1 in your niche? Even higher than the original publisher of the articles it scrapes.
I’m not a fan of autoblogs, but it works. By the time they get taken down, they’d probably earned the owner back the money and then some.
Do I believe these Gurus? Not at all!
Why? They probably don’t test, so I rely on my own tests
What if they do? They dont test ENOUGH
Anyways, for everyone else, dont let this scare you. Google will update weekly, daily, or however often they want to. They wont care if your site is actually the best thing since sliced bread. Lots of sites get deindexed, reindexed, bumped up, bumped down, or stay stuck in one place for the longest time. You can’t control them.
IF YOU EVER DO, then for sure they will be releasing an algorithm update soon.
What can you do? Change your Mindset.
Don’t let it get you down. Don’t be bothered by changes. Just stick with the basics and keep doing. Stopping won’t help you at all, especially long term.
Stick with the basics:
1. Onpage SEO:
- The usual stuff, Meta title/tags/description.
- H1/H2/H3/Bold tags
- Title, good readable content
- Possibly interlinking your posts/Fixing your navigation/permalinks.
- Site structure/ sitemaps
- Video sitemaps for video intensive sites/geo sitemaps for local sites
- Site age
- contact/privacy, and the usual legal stuff
- Good FAST Webhosting – You need a quick loading page
That’s probably enough to get you ranking for some long tails without backlinks
2. Offpage SEO:
- Basics links: Bookmarks, directories, and whatever backlinks i mentioned here
- Focus on your main achor text but mix it with other related anchors. Try to link to internal pages that are optimized for this keyword
- Link Velocity: Is this a myth? Nope, its real now. Controlled incoming links is the way to go. So competitors can hurt me now? Yep, only with certain methods but are they willing to spend a lot of money to do it? Is this permanent? Nope. Its just a temporary drop and youll go back to normal soon.
- Varied link sources: Dont stick with just one. This link building service, the Hoist Rocket package is a good example of varying your links.
- Be consistent
- Go with quality and quantity
You’ll be ranking with just the basics so dont let people mess up your mindset with random crap someone told them.